Last week I let everyone know about the start of the Disney Holiday Season with information about the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and Magic Kingdom’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Today I’ll continue with the second installment of this series and focus on some of the additional offerings in November, featuring Downtown Disney’s Festival of the Masters and the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. There are several additional events that begin in November, and I’ll highlight those next week!
Festival of Masters
This year marks the 37th Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney, will be held November 9th-11th. This is another event that I personally feel caters to the adult crowd, but if you have children who are really into the arts this might be the perfect blend of culture, art and Disney; and there are a handful of events that are designed to cater to the kiddos. The Festival of the Masters features live entertainment, arts & crafts, hands-on activities, a special Disney Artist Village complete with festival merchandise, and features the work of nearly 150 artists. This event is so popular, and draws such incredible artistic talent that it is now ranked among our nation’s finest outdoor art festivals.
Here is a list of just a few select activities, many sponsored by Michaels Craft Store. For more information check the official Festival of the Masters website.
- Kiddos can create their own LEGO masterpieces at the Downtown Disney LEGO location, and help LEGO employees construct a giant Incredible Hulk and mural.
- At the Marketplace Waterside Stage join Michaels employees in creating your own DIY craft out of Duct Tape.
- On the West Side join Michaels in creating your own Mickey Ear Wood Frame.
- Join the company of Cirque du Soleil for Face Painting near the Cirque du Soleil Box Office.
- Enjoy live music at multiple locations throughout the Disney Marketplace and West Side.
- In the Artist’s Village you can discover Disney character art created by Disney Masters from Disney Design Group, Yellow Shoes Creative Group, Walt Disney Imagineers, Acme Archives Limited and other Disney-licensed artists.
- See artist’s create masterpieces on TOMS shoes at Curl by Sammy Duval on the West Side.
- The Florida Chalk Artists Association will be on hand in the Marketplace to create giant sidewalk art masterpieces.
Have you been to Disney’s Festival of the Masters? Feel free to drop us a line, or comment and let us know what you thought!
Disney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
What better way is there to celebrate Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival than by running all that food off in a half marathon? Ha! I am soooo not a runner; in fact my knees have been worked on so many times that I’ve been told to absolutely not run, but if I was going to run I think this is what I would train for.
This runDisney event, taking place on November 9th and 10th (same weekend as Festival of the Masters if you’re keeping track), features 3 races, a health & fitness expo and a conclusion party. The races themselves are varied to offer the right race for each individual athlete. The official Food & Wine Half Marathon takes off from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and concludes in Epcot. The Jingle Jungle 5K is a more light-hearted race through Animal Kingdom, and has a stroller division available. And finally, the runDisney kids races are held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex and have multiple age groups to accommodate even the youngest racer, there is even a Diaper Dash for infants up to 12 months.
The health & fitness expo begins on November 9th and runs through the 10th at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. It will feature seminars on training, racing, and nutrition, along with the opportunity to experience the latest in running and fitness equipment.
The weekend comes to an end with a Finish Line Party (included in registration for the Food & Wine Half Marathon, but an extra cost for others). The event takes place at Epcot with special admittance to the Food & Wine Festival.
The party includes the following:
- Early entry into Epcot® at 7:00 p.m.
- Access to over 29 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces
- Select Epcot® attractions, including Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends®, Turtle Talk With Crush, Soarin’ ™, The Circle of Life, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros, Maelstrom
- $10 Disney Gift Card
- Character Meet & Greets
- Musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ
For more information about the Food & Wine Half Marathon, and other runDisney races visit the official runDisney website.
Up next are some holiday events that I can’t wait to tell you about! Until then, TTFN!