Love is in the air at Walt Disney World.
If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort between February 11th and 17th, you are in for some romantic treats. Part of Disney’s Limited Time Magic campaign, True Love week will feature special entertainment and character meet & greets, photo backdrops, merchandise, gourmet cuisine, and much more to help celebrate the perfect Valentine’s Day.
According to Disney, during Disney’s True Love Week, a tapestry of romance will be woven throughout the resort, from limited-time Valentine’s Day merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts, from Cinderella and Prince Charming to Mickey and Minnie Mouse — all for a limited-time only.
This week-long celebration is intended to celebrate the love of friends and family, and will invite couples to rekindle the flame.
Here’s what you can expect to see around Walt Disney World during True Love Week:
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed decor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants. Specially-created menus at Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, The Wave of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. Book online at disneyworld.com/dining, or call (407) WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-Themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
In Town Square Theater, you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
- Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
- Romantic Touches: Long-stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney Florist.
- Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney Wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
Information from Walt Disney World was used in this report.
People often ask why they should book their Disney vacations through Magical Details Travel/Once Upon a Time Vacations vs. Disney directly or a mega site such as Travelocity. The answer is simple. Because we “know” Disney, and we truly care about your vacation experience. We know that a Disney vacation, or any vacation for that matter, is not an every day occurrence , and we want to make sure that the vacation you take is as close to your dreams as possible, and fitted to the needs of your family.
The pricing we provide you is probably going to be exactly the same as what you would obtain from Disney direct. However, the difference is in the personal service that we offer. When you book through Disney directly, or a travel wholesaler, you are already paying a built in surcharge whether you realize it or not. And what you get for that surcharge is, well, a resort reservation. That’s it.
When you book your vacation through one of our travel specialists you pay the same amount (sometimes less depending on what available discounts there are at the time of booking), but are also receiving the personal attention of a dedicated travel specialist. A specialist who is dedicated to you, and focused on fulfilling your needs. Simply let us know what you are looking for are we will do our very best to implement it – along with some advice and/or suggestions along the way. We are not only here to help with your initial reservation, but we will also make your Advanced Dining Reservations, see to your special requests, create custom itineraries, and answer any and all questions throughout the planning process, and while you are on your vacation. We also keep a vigilant eye on new discounts and special offers to ensure that the vacation you have dreamed of comes to you at the best possible price point.
And, no need to worry! You are still in control of your own vacation. Our aim is to work with you to plan and implement the best possible vacation experience. The vacation that you want. Whether you are a Disney Pro, and have visited 100 times, you can still benefit from working with a vacation specialist.
And, best of all, when you book through Magical Details Travel/Once Upon a Time Vacations, you are supporting a small business. A business run by moms with a passion!
Already made you reservation? We can still help you out! Once Upon a Time Vacations is proud to bring you our Gift Card offer for anyone who transfers their existing Disney booking to Once Upon a Time Vacations!
Simply give us a call or shoot us an email and let us know that you would like to transfer your booking to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. (We will only accept transfers from Disney directly. We do not endorse or allow you to transfer reservations from another travel agent.)
All Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Aulani bookings that have a balance due can be transferred without interruption or change to your reservation. We will present you with a $25 Disney Gift Card for your transfer.
Travel must be within 2013, gift card will be given once trip has been paid in full. Offer also valid on any NEW reservations made through Once Upon a Time Vacations prior to February 28th as well!
Ready to get started!? Visit us at Once Upon a Time Vacations or find us on Facebook at Once Upon at Time Vacations – Destination Central or Magical Details Travel.
Want to take a vacation, but having difficulty saving for it? If so, why not try this 52 week Vacation Savings Challenge?
It isn’t too late to start! Just put $15.00 in your account this coming week and you will be all caught up!
For those of you who are fans of Disney history there is a new Facebook page just for you!
My sweet friend, and former Disney Store co-worker, Andrea just launched a new page, My Disney Experiences. She shares great Disney Company history, as well as some antics from her past Cast Member days. Andrea logged 15 years with Disney and has some great stories to share. She is also a wealth of information and an all-around awesome gal!
Andrea at the Walt Disney Studios
Good evening Disney fans!
I finally finished my Animal Kingdom Lodge video from Thanksgiving! (Things have been more than a little crazy).
This video primarily features Kidani Village, and our one bedroom villa. We loved the resort, but really wished it wasn’t so far away from everything!
What do you think?
Want a chance to win these adorable limited-edition ears?
January Year of the Ears Limited Edition Steampunk Mickey Ears.
Head on over to my Facebook page! Like the page, and don’t forget to hover over the “Like” box and select “Show In News Feed”. I’ll be announcing the criteria for winning later tonight!